Grady curtains made with Ivory Stamoid vs Sunbrella-- Preferences

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I literally just took my old curtains to AnJ in NC yesterday to be the template for new ones on a 282. I wrote the order for the Ivory Stamoid which is what many new Grady's are utilizing instead of the Navy Sunbrella. It is not too late to change the order to Sunbrella...( Til Monday) Has anyone had any experience with Stamoid .curtains? .. Does it last like Sunbrella? I love the looks of the Stamoid but I believe they may be a tad more predisposed to mold up if not carefully nurtured. I don't mind doing the extra work to clean but I want longevity as well... Any thoughts?? Jim BTW AnJ is using Stratoglass in 40 weight standard in all their Grady curtains. They say it is harder to scratch and polishes better. (the 282 is $2800 for a full set)

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I literally just took my old curtains to AnJ in NC yesterday to be the template for new ones on a 282. I wrote the order for the Ivory Stamoid which is what many new Grady's are utilizing instead of the Navy Sunbrella. It is not too late to change the order to Sunbrella...( Til Monday) Has anyone had any experience with Stamoid .curtains? .. Does it last like Sunbrella? I love the looks of the Stamoid but I believe they may be a tad more predisposed to mold up if not carefully nurtured. I don't mind doing the extra work to clean but I want longevity as well... Any thoughts?? Jim BTW AnJ is using Stratoglass in 40 weight standard in all their Grady curtains. They say it is harder to scratch and polishes better. (the 282 is $2800 for a full set)

I went with the sunbrella. A&J did an awesome job on mine. They gave me the option of the stamoid but I went with original navy sunbrella.

20170813_094947.jpg

Capnjim7

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Those came out great! Hard to beat navy on a Grady!!

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those came out great! Hard to beat navy on a Grady!!

Kind of what I thought also, that's the reason I stuck with the navy. The Strataglass is good stuff. Strataglass recommends using Imar cleaner and polish. Good stuff also. Keeps the glass looking fresh and clean, granted I'm only a couple of years in with mine.