Grady Handling??

astrobud311

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 1988 25ft Trophy Pro with twin 200hp Yamaha HPDI's. I just got this boat last month and have had it out 3 times so far. My question on handling is about it pulling when the bow is down. When running in a head sea, or even when it's calm, when I put the bow down the boat pulls really hard to one side, actually to the point where the boat will list to that side and it can even be a little scary. The only way I've been able to correct it is put the bow up, I can't even steer the boat with the bow down and the boat pulling like that. I'm not burying the bow either, so this really has me stumped. This is my first grady and would like to figure this handling issue out. I mainly trim the motors up to where the bow is up and use the trim tabs to adjust the ride. Thanks for the help!!

antaris

Reaction score
Probably ultra-silly, but are your propellers counter-rotating? Are the engines spaced and positioned correctly?

astrobud311

Reaction score
Yep props are counter rotating and as far as I know everything is mounted correctly. The motors are mounted on the factory bracket.

astrobud311

Reaction score
They both seem to be working fine, there bennett tabs, new pump was just installed, I'm looking to get a new switch with the indicators so I know where there at but I don't feel the tabs are the issue. If I have my motors trimmed all the way down and tabs up all the way it will do the same thing.