Grady White 222 Fisherman on the dry for some work during Hurricane Florence

mhinch

Reaction score
Well since I pulled the boat and drug it back to the house I was able to get some small things done that I haven't been able to get done down at the coast.
- Install GW factory overhead/spreader light as supplied by ECU1984 here on the forum. Can't say enough good things about him and the light he sells. Got it all hooked up and mounted and neatly tucked all the wires in some wire loom. Finally glad this is done.

- Then it was time to remove the old Hella FF halogen, read high amp draw, rear spreader light and install an LED flood light in its place. This was a simple unbolt-bolt thing that is finally done too.

Then it was off to the freshwater shower to change out the pump as it was and always had been non working. Back in the spring I bought a new/used Shurflo off of the E bay for 1/3 of the price of new and it had a 30 day warranty to boot. I bench tested it and all was good so on the shelf it went! No more she's pumping out the H2O like it's nobody's business! I did disassemble the showerhead and cleaned and lubed it. Works like a champ now.

- Finally I had 1 screw that had stripped out when a local Yamaha repair shop replaced the fuel tank sending unit and didn't tell me. I discovered the leak because the console reeked of gas fumes! I promptly called them and described to them what I had found and they told me to drop it off and they'd fix 'er up for me. I said how am I supposed to do that, the boat's 4 hours away. Done with that outfit. What was or is to be a 10-24 thread was too small so what I ended up drilling and tapping it for was a metric M6x1.00. I also cut a small piece of cork gasket for sealing around the socket head cap screw head to insure that there were no leaks.

I'll post pictures when I figure it out