grady white hulls

circle hook

Reaction score
is it true that the grady white hull & stringers are guaranteed for the life of the boat I was told so. That they are made of a special compressed material.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I know of three Grady Owner's who have had hulls replaced, Grady took very good care of them. This is for manufacturer's defects, if you hit bottom ever, you will probably not be covered and rightfully so. If it is an older hull you will have a tougher time gettign grasdy to cover it but they, as well as a surveryor can tell if it was a defect from day 1 or jus abuse or old age. This will most likely not cover basic maintenance, repowered hulls and such. Good luck!!

gw204

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the written warranty on the hull states 5 years. The Greenwood XL marine plywood coring used in the transom and stringers carries a lifetime warranty against rot through the manufacturer, not Grady. If the transom rots, you get a new core for free, but not necessarily the cost of the glass, epoxy and labor.

That being said, Grady has proven to be a company that takes care of their customers in situations outside of the actual warranty.

Bebo

Reaction score
What year did they start using the Greenwood ?

Brad1

Reaction score
gw204 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the written warranty on the hull states 5 years. The Greenwood XL marine plywood coring used in the transom and stringers carries a lifetime warranty against rot through the manufacturer, not Grady. If the transom rots, you get a new core for free, but not necessarily the cost of the glass, epoxy and labor.

That being said, Grady has proven to be a company that takes care of their customers in situations outside of the actual warranty.

The cost of the labor is covered for life as well. The cost of the materials other than the wood (fiberglass for instance) is only covered for the first 10 years however. I know because I made sure I got a copy of that Greenwood XL warranty before I put any money down on a Grady. But if your buying used, be sure to check the terms of the warranty because the terms I mentioned, apply to the original owner (which I was when I bought my boat). I do believe the terms are not the same if your not the original owner.

circle hook

Reaction score
no problem with my boat in fact she is in great shape for her year a 1982, I was just wondering, because I heard that statement at a boat show that how great Grady White boats their hull's & stringers were made in some type of compressed style, and they are so shur that it's the best that Grady white will stand up for the life of the boat, of course nothing due to neglected or miss abused, just wondering if the statement use true or not,

Thanks Bob Happy & safe Holidays to all,

P.S. cant wait till spring LOL

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Is the XL warranty for being waterproof, or just rotproof?

If the transom or stringer grid gets fully saturated (soaking wet), is that covered? By who?

circle hook

Reaction score
yes my question was under normal use, not a boat under water or miss abused, I heared grady white guarantee's there product for life that is the hull & stringers from rot. Bob

dsenica

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Im seeing a problem on my 2019 306 Canyon. I have a heavy oxidation build up on the starboard bottom of my boat also stating to shoe up on the port side. the color is blue its really looks bad. my boat sits on a lift only in the water when using it. i have been trying to remove it but it on there to deep> Whats Grady White going to do for me?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Im seeing a problem on my 2019 306 Canyon. I have a heavy oxidation build up on the starboard bottom of my boat also stating to shoe up on the port side. the color is blue its really looks bad. my boat sits on a lift only in the water when using it. i have been trying to remove it but it on there to deep> Whats Grady White going to do for me?
Honestly, I'd be surprised if anything. The likely answer is that you should be using a better wax and/or waxing more often. Oxidation happens from the degradation of the gelcaot by the sun when not protected. Even fully protected, it can still happen to some extent. It sounds like you're getting not only the direct sunlight on that area, but possibly a reflection off the water as well.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Instead of guessing why doesn't someone just ask Grady White Customer Service? It would be information for all of us.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Their warranty has been a 5 year structural for many years (20 or so) now. Kinda weak if you ask me.

Sailfish

Reaction score
Dsenica,

Dark hulls need to be waxed often to protect from UV rays. Also, make sure you use a soap that does not remove wax. Dishwashing soap is a great cleaner for dirt, but strips wax bare.

You likely need to compound the hull, and then wax religiously. How often depends on where you boat, but at least twice a year up north, more often the further south you go.