Grady White off white Spectrum patch paste # 553802K

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know where I can purchase this. I can find no one in Canada that sells it. Please let me know. Have been on the Spectrum Site but they do seem to recognize Canada as a delivery area. USA Only. Help!!! Thanks trapper

Last edited:

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks fishtales, will give it a try. With tax and shipping I may be well over $50 CD for 2 oz. OUCH! trapper

ElMar

Reaction score
Does Grady use the same tint for all years?

What matches best for 1999 vintage?

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Max, thanks for that. Checked them out, and to get it here to B.C. Canada is close to $90 CD. OUCH! Found a Canadian distributor Noah's Marine supplies can get it delivered for $62 CD still a bit of a bite. Also seeing if I can get a local fibreglass filler and tint int myself. Cheers,trapper

seasick

Reaction score
Max, thanks for that. Checked them out, and to get it here to B.C. Canada is close to $90 CD. OUCH! Found a Canadian distributor Noah's Marine supplies can get it delivered for $62 CD still a bit of a bite. Also seeing if I can get a local fibreglass filler and tint int myself. Cheers,trapper
You should get a gel coat kit and tint that. It's gel coat you are trying to match. Try white base and a tiny tiny tiny dab of brown tint.

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks seasick, will try that, I do have some fibreglass body filler which I have filled the the voids (dings) with, and now I will try and tint some gelcoat as suggested. Cheers, trapper

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Second on the white base with tiny brown. Mix a tiny batch and smear onto the area without hardener. After you match color, make a larger batch and add the harder. Don’t go too dark, can’t lighten it but easy to make darker.

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Trapper, I just saw this thread. Don't know how I missed it when it was current. Spectrum color is right here in Florida where I live. You probably have already solved your problem but I can sure have some sent to me and then forward it on to you if it would make it more reasonable cost-wise. It is expensive but the shelf life is short so they can't mass produce it to get the cost down. A while back I bought some for my 2004 Grady. Spectrum #F553801K matches 1995 thru 2004 and it was just right on my boat. Not sure what year you have. Any time I can help due to availability here in the states for supplies, just give me a shout.

John

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks John, Much appreciate your offer! I have some fibreglass filler (paste) but it came with a green cream hardener. I am now looking to find a clear catalyst that will not colour the paste and allow me to tint it to match the GW 2006 colour. I work with aniline stains, coloured resins and and catalytic lacquers so I am fairly sure I can get a match. Again your kindness is so very much appreciated. It appears to get anything across our friendly border (unless Amazon.ca "prime") shipping and border fees, never mind the discrepancy in the buck, makes it difficult to bring anything over for a reasonable price. Love my country and yes it is the centre of the universe from me and mine, but due to your size, the price and availability for products is amazing. It appears you can have everything delivered to your front door. No I am not moving, just a little soap box stand understanding the" Free" in our "free trade agreement" Cheers trapper p.s. Was that bit of a rant?