Great price on a New Life Raft for My 330 Express

usmm1234

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I got a great deal on a ”New Old Stock” Viking US Coast Guard 4 person Coastal raft with hard case, auto deploy, and Stainless cradle. Air Sea Rescue in Charleston SC has them for $1995 with free freight. I had to pay sales tax since I’m in SC.
The rafts are from 2016. New stock. They repack and certify them. A USCG raft has to be repacked on a commercial vessel every year. You can go 2 years on a non inspected vessel Without a problem. Cruising rafts go 3 years since they are in a vacuum bag Inside the case.
Ive always had rafts on my boat. It gives you peace of mind. I’ve never had to use one. My good friend had a turbo fire on his Viking and had to use the raft 75 miles out. They were very happy when it popped open and inflated. Another freind of mine hit a shipping container at 40mph in his 31 Fountain. It sunk like a rock. His 10 year old valise raft that had never been repacted, inflated instantly. They were only in the raft 30 minutes before getting picked up, but were glad they had it.
That 180 miles from Ft Pierce to the Abacos seems less intimidating when your running it on your own, if you have a raft. 0CA5E540-D715-43B1-AE56-D47FA98D6BFA.jpeg

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
We bought the exact same life raft. seems like a good deal if you are taking 60-70 mile runs offshore. We also installed on our hardtop.

Reactions: usmm1234