Groco 155 macerator on a Marlin

Hookster57

Reaction score
Finally got around to ordering a new pump (got it for $420 from sailboatOwners.com!)
Wondering what's the best way to keep it working right, eg., I've heard flushing with fresh water, using the shower hose to fill the bowl, instead of sucking seawater through the seacock ( jeez, that sounds nasty;) will keep corrosion down. How bout tank cleaning fluid, anyone use that on a regular basis?
Thx

ctcbtr

Reaction score
Replced our macerator 4 years ago, i never add chemicals, use as normal but only use as holding tank not storage tank we pump out every afternoon we use boat. its also saltwater flush, still works great never worked on it yet

bhemi

Reaction score
Don't leave your tank full. I replaced mine 5 years ago and twice have had to open up the tank (thanks ladies) to remove that which should never have been flushed. Macerator still looks like new. If you were really worried you could fill it up with fresh water and pump it out a couple of time if you were going to layup for awhile. Just remember the macerator motor is sitting suspended in the tank and what ever is in it. An empty tank seems to be the way to go. Also, use it once in awhile most things on a boat fail through lack of use not over use.