Gulfsteam-Standing water under livewell.

wlewis

Reaction score
In my 96 model Gulfstream, when removing the inspection port on the port side fish box, I've noticed a small amount of standing water underneath the livewell. It's not a lot of water and it does not drain into the bilge, even when jacking up the bow while on the trailer. Since I seldom use the livewll, I've always assummed there is a small leak in the freshwater tank or the filler hose that is immediately in front of, or underneath the live well. Today, while replacing the starboard side fishbox nylon thru-hull fitting, I not only noticed a similar amount of standing water under that fisbox, but the water has soaked into the balsa coring in the side of the hull, enough to where the core is soggy. Hopefully, with the thru-hull fitting removed and the wet balsa coring exposed to our100 degree heat, it will dry out before installing and resealing a new nylon thru-hull fitting. As with the port side, when jacking up the bow to drain bilge water into the stern to where it's pumped out, the water under the fixbox does not flow. Does anyone have any thoughts as to where the water might be coming from?