Gulfstream Electrical Question

Gulfstream G

Reaction score
I am having electrical issues with my 2002 Gulfstream. While doing some spring commisioning work, I notcied that the spreader lights and dome light mounted to my hardtop, and the starboard side wiper do not work. Is this likely to be a fuse problem or a wiring issue?

Also, does anyone know whether the spreader lights are typically wired to be operated off of the auxilliary switch or the cockpit light switch?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I had the issue with the spreader and dome and it was the swithch on the dome light. I asume you have the same setup. Pretty easy fix and the swithch is readily available at your dealer
The toughest part was getting the cover off the light - if i recall is is somhow though bolted.

Good luck

grady23

Reaction score
Check the fuse before doing ANYTHING. The dome light cover can be removed with a small screwdriver place at the edge of the cover and twisting. There are small tabs that hold the cover in place. The entire unit is thru-bolted to the eletronics box using a selflocking nut. You'll need a small nutdriver or mini socket set.

jimintheair3

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mine was the spreader switch in the dome light. Carefully remove dome light cover with small screw driver, inserted then twist. It does have tabs.
Get a new spreader switch and replace. Fuses for T-Top (stuff) should be in back of upper radio box. Wiper fuse with wiper switch.
Good luck