Gulfstream Sink Faucet/Switch

DonLINY

Reaction score
While trouble shooting my sink faucet I noticed that the spade terminals on the faucet switch under the sink have broken off. No repairing this switch. There is three wires on the switch 2 orange (one has another wire tapped into it for the pilot light) and a black wire.
How much of a PIA is changing that faucet? Can I by pass that switch and put in another switch on top by the faucet? Does anyone know which wires I should connect to this new switch to turn on the pump?
Thanks for your help

REEL THING

Reaction score
The pump to the sink on my Gulfstream went bad so to make things better, I installed a stern surface mounted hand shower and tied the cabin sink to it sharing the same high power pump. The pump is pressure regulated to automaticlly turn of when the water flow is stopped (at the shower or sink).
To power up the fresh water pump , I used a blank Aux switch on the dash.
Flip the switch, you have fresh water at the sink or the hand shower.
In addition, I added another 10 feet to the shower hose so that I could wash the windshield if needed.
Love the hand shower to freshen up when staying over night on the boat or just to spray on my head after a hot day on the water. I really makes you feel 10 times better and I use it on almost every outing. If you replenish the tank often and treat the water, the water stays fresh.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Faucet switch

Not sure what your describing. Does the boat have a switch that is seperate from the pressure switch on the pump?

If it is the pressure switch you can replace just the switch on the Shurflo pump.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
You can put a switch anywhere you want, just make sure it doesn't get wet. The 3rd wire is probably the neg for the light.

DonLINY

Reaction score
Thanks for your help.
I connected the 2 orange wires together and the pump is working. I pumped out the antifreeze, then refilled the tank several times and pumped it out until the watr seems to be clear and clean. What do you suggest treating the water with? I was going to put in about a half cup of bleach an let it sit for a while and pump it out again.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That's right, I've used the commercial products on the shelf at West and none do what Clorox bleach has done. The water had an odor to it, no longer. And bleach is cheap.

The Grady newsletter had a ratio of beach to water, I don't recall, but will look it up. Same goes for soak time.

You basically add the bleach to the empty tank, fill the tank to overflow, then soak and rock the boat a bit or take it for a ride, then drain fully, I think you are supposed to flush with water a few times which is very important.

Another member may have the specifics, or I can go look it up - I keep the articles.

I recall it being 8 oz to 10 gals water, could be wrong.