Gulfstream trailer question

rgs91

Reaction score
I just purchased a 7200 lb. Venture bunk trailer and I'm hoping someone can tell me the center to center dimension of their bunks. I'll be using it for a 2000 Gulfstream 232. Also does the keel actually sit on the trailer or is the whole boat supported by the bunks? TIA
Bob

grady23

Reaction score
I have a '97 Gulfstream and can measure it for you. NO -- The boat does not sit on the keel except for the forward bunks. You can measure your boat across the transom from where the hull turns into a flat chine on both sides. That's where I have my bunks supporting the boat with a very slight taper to the center of the boat on the front of the main bunks. In other words-- the bunks are closer inside measurement in the front then the rear. I also have centering guides on the side of the trailer. Once you get the bunks right and the centering poles set, you will be able to launch and retreive the boat by yourself. It just takes some planning and practice.

midnight-rider

Reaction score
You should add

They have a roller that helps the keel slide and helps the boat load a bit easiar..not sure what you call it...