GulfStream Windlass Install?

toolguy73

Reaction score
Last night I picked up a Lewmar Profish to put on our 87 Gulfstream. With the 8 plait rode and 15' of 1/4 chain. Standard HD switch with the 50 amp breaker.

Not sure how/where to mount it, and looking for suggestions.

Searches didn't bring too much back. Anyone have pictures of one installed without a pulpit?

Should I use a solid bow roller, or a hinged one?

Tell me whatever you can.

Thanks

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
An advanced search for "windlass" in just "Tips and Modifications" yielded 167 hits.

Surely there is something in there for you to get a start, then come in with specific questions, instead of a simple "tell me whatever..."

I could go back to the search and then cut&paste material in here, but.... :arrow:

BTW, great choice on the 8-plait. I went from 300-ft of 1/2" 3-strand to 600-ft of 1/2" 8-plait in the same space in the locker.

Brian

toolguy73

Reaction score
On second thought..................

ocnslr said:
An advanced search for "windlass" in just "Tips and Modifications" yielded 167 hits.True. How many have pictures of installs without pulpits?

Surely there is something in there for you to get a start, then come in with specific questions, instead of a simple "tell me whatever..."Searches didn't bring too much back. Anyone have pictures of one installed without a pulpit?

I could go back to the search and then cut&paste material in here, but.... :arrow:But what?

BTW, great choice on the 8-plait.Get a quarter and call somebody who cares I went from 300-ft of 1/2" 3-strand to 600-ft of 1/2" 8-plait in the same space in the locker.Get another quarter

Brian

Try to work on your reading comprehension.