GW Sailfish Repower

Sinclair

Reaction score
Guys,

I finally pulled the trigger on the repower. Decided to go with twin Suzuki DF175's on the Sailfish. I'm replacing the fuel tanks also. Decided to go with Patriot Marine Tanks. BTW, Thanks Jimmy for the contact, the guys were great. I'm replacing everything from the helm station back along with the thru-hulls. I'm removing the old 2cycle oil tanks and adding two additional batteries. New steering, new wiring, adding an additional bilge pump for back up. Also new plumbing for the tanks(fuel) and the livewells.

I'll send pics as we venture thru it.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback. :D

Sinclair

Tunacious D

Reaction score
What year Sailfish do you have? I am also contiplating the repower and fuel tank projects within the next 12 to 24 months. What made you decide on the Zuks? I saw you contiplating 4s power, then all the posts on HPDIs, ETECs, and Optis. Please share your performance numbers and pics when you can. Very interested to see how it goes.

Good luck.

jbukie

Reaction score
a buddy of mine did the same thing with his repower and absolutely loves the zuks and the power set up. Should be good.... post some pics and opinions when you try them out.

congrats!

Sinclair

Reaction score
Tunacious D,

She's a 91 sailfish w/ a bracket. I'll get some pics this weekend. I went with the Suzuki's for a number of reasons.

1. Warranty
2. Cost
3. Reliability ( not to say others werent)
4. I wanted a 4 stroke for many reasons. (i.e, I wanted the space where the exsiting tanks were to add additional batteries. Tired of 2 stroke oil, smoke, smell, cost, ect. you get the point)
5. I like that the DF 175's can turn a 16" prop.
6. I was ok giving up 50hp, however I didnt want to give up 100. By going w/ Yamahas.

Just some of my thouhgts. Hope it helps in your choice. This boards gives out EXCELLENT info.

Thanks Sinclair :D