Head with in line macerator disconnection

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Hello,
I need some advice how I might disconnect the off board discharge for my 2003 225 Tournament. As I do all my boating on Lake Champlain (in land) I'll need to do this to be in compliance with federal regulations. Thanks for your imput. :lol:
Peter

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if you have a deck pump-out also, there should already be a y-valve installed. i believe that if you put it to the deck pump-out position and put a lock on it you are good, but i leave that up to the guys who boat freshwater to confirm.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Pumpout

If you use your deckplate to pump out you are in compliance.

Coast Guard requirement is the overboad discharge be wired or tywraped closed to prevent a discharge. Disconnecting the overboard discharge may be overkill.

This assumes that the officer inspecting your vessel knows what he/she is looking at.

Ask the local marina operators who have the pumpout stations.

Vtdochop

Reaction score
Thank you ElyseM and Hookup 1....I went to the USCG site and the regs state Y union needs to be secured as u have said. Think I will keep a copy of the rules on board. Local marina had said an expensive fix was indicated :shock: ...glad Iwas able to resolve ...only 3 months to go !
Peter

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if you don't have a y-valve, there should be a lockout facilitated directly on the seacock.