helm cover for pattern.

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
looking to see if anyone would have an old helm cover for a 2000 seafarer 226. need one for a pattern.
thanks

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Hi,

I don't have what you need, but just this morning a made a pattern to cover my dash/helm area using dish packing foam and masking tape.

Step 1: use the masking tape to outline where you want the outside edge to be and leave 1/4" - 1/2" of the tape "standing" rather than taped down
Step 2: fit the foam under the standing edge (cutting the foam as you go) and push down in the tape as you go
Step 3: as you go, make relief cuts/holes for items (throttles, wheel, etc.) that need to have "pockets"
Step 4: make marks/notes as necessary with a felt tip pen (don't get on anything other than the foam)
Step 5: trim as necessary
Step 6: out down another layer or two of tape.
Step 7: carefully remove the pattern

Not sure if this helps you or not.

If you are local to me, I'd be happy to give you a hand.

I am Gloucester, MA.

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Hi,

I don't have what you need, but just this morning a made a pattern to cover my dash/helm area using dish packing foam and masking tape.

Step 1: use the masking tape to outline where you want the outside edge to be and leave 1/4" - 1/2" of the tape "standing" rather than taped down
Step 2: fit the foam under the standing edge (cutting the foam as you go) and push down in the tape as you go
Step 3: as you go, make relief cuts/holes for items (throttles, wheel, etc.) that need to have "pockets"
Step 4: make marks/notes as necessary with a felt tip pen (don't get on anything other than the foam)
Step 5: trim as necessary
Step 6: out down another layer or two of tape.
Step 7: carefully remove the pattern

Not sure if this helps you or not.

If you are local to me, I'd be happy to give you a hand.

I am Gloucester, MA.
Thanks, i did get some stuff from sailrite to make a pattern,. but then saw rnr-marine could make one. unfortunately there pattern for this was destroyed. so they would need an old one. i might give it a try anyway.

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you use the string re-inforced plastic sheeting and two-sided tape, from Sailrite or elsewhere, make sure you put down painters tape first. The two-sided tape is a real chore to remove.

bcoco

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you use the string re-inforced plastic sheeting and two-sided tape, from Sailrite or elsewhere, make sure you put down painters tape first. The two-sided tape is a real chore to remove.
will do, thanks for the heads up

seasick

Reaction score
The Sailrite pattern material works very well, holds its shape, sticks to the double sided tape and marks clearly with a sharpie. It also to a point can be reused for smaller projects. For your application, it helps a lot to also use the strapping tape to make a 'frame' across the open area so that the pattern material lays flat and doesn't sage during the pattern marking.

Reactions: bcoco