helm seat covers

jugs06282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
i was thinking about putting some covers on my pomponette helm seats on a 282 sailfish . has anyone found any decent inexpensive ones that fit the high back helm seats ? dont want to go to canvas guy , too much $$ . thanks

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
try coversandall.com

jugs06282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
yea ive used them before for patio furniture , decent stuff . takes a while to come , also was thinking a little more breathable material . guess ill measure it up and get a quote

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
They wouldn't need to be "very" custom. Basically just a "bag" shape with a shock cord or pull cord in the hem. Sunbrella material would be a perfect choice.

seasick

Reaction score
i was thinking about putting some covers on my pomponette helm seats on a 282 sailfish . has anyone found any decent inexpensive ones that fit the high back helm seats ? dont want to go to canvas guy , too much $$ . thanks
I originally though you were looking for seat covers that you can sit on and use, The answers so far talk about what I would call storage covers. What are you looking for?

I f something that can be sat on, a semi custom bag should be much less expensive than custom made cushions.

jugs06282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
just looking for something to put on them to protect them from the sun when not in use. the height of the seat may be an issue , was wondering if anyone purchased some inexpensive decent ones that fit well

Fishtales

Reaction score
X2 on coversandall. Really can't beat the price for the customization you get.

jugs06282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
yea thats the route im gonna go , thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
I did a complete set for the this end up set in the kids rompus room. Foam on Amazon that I wrappe in dacron batton. They came out great - firm and a durable material that will def hold up.

jugs06282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
ordered a pair from covers and all , $90 with a discount code for the mid grade material ill follow up with the overall quality and fit when they arrive

Fishtales

Reaction score
not going to beat that.... one trick is to wrap the cushions with dacron batting. can do one or two layers to get extra plump cushions that really fill out the covers. if the cushions are a bit flat, Amazon sells nice foam (Go To Foam was the manufacturer). Finally there is a thin clear plastic that you can wrap over the cusions to make it easier to get them into the covers if needed. i forget the name of the stuff, will do a search.