Helm seat slider 272 sailfish

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
On our last fishing trip last weekend, we were trolling when the helm seat slider broke and I nearly landed on my head. The round connection from slider to pole simply broke giving way. I replaced the slider earlier this year so the metal must have been poor as the old one lasted 10+ years. Could have been ugly if I didn't manage to catch myself on the fall.

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
My Grady dealer had the glides on the shelf. Any Grady should be able to get them for you. They are not hard to install, but you do have to remove the through seat bolts and will need 3 hands or a helper to break them loose and to finish tightening them.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Ya thanks. Have seen them too. I was just surprised it gave way like it did. Could have been bad if we were underway.

JB IN OC

Reaction score
I'm glad you made out ok, I am going to look at mine for any signs of fatigue. What have you been chasing on your trolling. Just curious if the rockfish are schooling yet. It wad a nasty day today. I was at the south jetty throwing eels and with the wind and current I did more driving than fishing.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks. We have put the boat up for the winter so no more fishing for me. Here's a picture of the chair pole that broke.

Attachments

• boat chair2.jpg
    boat chair2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 963

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Dave did you have it tightened?? Never heard of that happening, not sure what to look for. You should have taken a dive, called a good lawyer and went after Pompenette. May have gotten a new 33 Express :dance Not going after Fall strippers eh?

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Nope. I would love to fish some more but kids, wife, holidays, and work have me tied down. Going to put my boat on market soon and need to have a new lift installed and find the new boat so lots of work to do before next season. Good luke and catch em up.