Helm switches new label

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
did you replace all of the switches or just the covers?
I paid NewWireMarine to do the entire thing. That includes new switches, circuit breakers, the acrylic black backing plate and a wiring harness.

That said, they are really easy to work with as a company and should be able to customize whatever you need. (Just cover, switches and covers, the works.. or custom covers)

For example, while it isn't shown in this photo, I ended up removing the Radar switch as it's controlled by the Furuno unit and wasn't needed.
What I did want was an AIS Silence switch so that I can stop broadcasting AIS when it isn't wanted. They didn't have a pre-made switch for AIS, but I was able to have them do a custom cover for AIS with a little antenna icon. It matches the other switches perfectly and as "AIS Silence".

Can't say enough about NewWire... The quality is superb, as is their customer service.

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
One minor word of caution... I've found that the LED backlights are very bright and am in the process of adding a BlueSea dimmer to the system.
I'd recommend this highly if you run at night.
In today's world, I have to place a towel over the switch panel at night so I don't' loose my night vision.

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
We sell direct from Grady switch cover replacements here at Taylor Marine Center. They are exact to what came on the Grady's from 2001-2009. We carry the following in stock:

Accessory
Nav Light
Fwd. Bilge
Aft Bilge
Horn (red)
Water Pressure
Raw Water
W/S Wiper
Cockpit Light
Macerator
Main/Aux Fuel
Elec. Box
Livewell

s-l1600.jpg

Hope this helps somebody.

Josh
Parts Manager
Taylor Marine
302-422-9177
The only problem with those Josh is that they are printed switches and not laser engraved.
As a result, the labels will eventually wear off.
The ones I used from NewWire are laser engraved. The LED backlight shines through the lettering so that it can easily be seen at night and wont wear off.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
One minor word of caution... I've found that the LED backlights are very bright and am in the process of adding a BlueSea dimmer to the system.
I'd recommend this highly if you run at night.
In today's world, I have to place a towel over the switch panel at night so I don't' loose my night vision.

Would red have been better to go with? Although, my panel is to my right, not directly in front of my line of sight.

20190505_190623.jpg

PDX-Boats

Reaction score
Would red have been better to go with? Although, my panel is to my right, not directly in front of my line of sight.

View attachment 20834
Red is supposed to be better at night. I agree.
I think the dimmer will do the trick for me though. Otherwise I may eventually change color too.
Hopefully it does because I do like the way the blue looks

HomeTeam

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
We sell direct from Grady switch cover replacements here at Taylor Marine Center. They are exact to what came on the Grady's from 2001-2009. We carry the following in stock:

Accessory
Nav Light
Fwd. Bilge
Aft Bilge
Horn (red)
Water Pressure
Raw Water
W/S Wiper
Cockpit Light
Macerator
Main/Aux Fuel
Elec. Box
Livewell

s-l1600.jpg

Josh
Parts Manager
Taylor Marine
302-422-9177
Are these still available? I have a 2006 Tournament 225 in desperate need of rocker switch covers.

OBGrady

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Thanks to all who contributed here. I'm a new to me Tournament 205 owner and wanted to do something about the old, illegible rocker switch covers. I just put my order in with New Wire Marine and will update with before/after pics once they arrive. Thanks again!

OBGrady

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 205
Here are the before/after pics. Thanks again all and thanks New Wire Marine. Great service. 29D88AC7-4F67-400F-8C51-E1B0E602BE59.jpegC0238751-C24A-4A97-A059-2D098E1BDC30.jpeg4D412F7A-9922-465A-9E85-283187E48624.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ilmmct and Jon

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have the switch for gas on my '04' 33 Express. When I switch it I see no difference in my display. I see both fuel tanks on the right hand side of gauge via hash marks.
So what is the rocker actually displaying ? Is it fuel flow and usage? I thought at first it was a way to switch tanks. this is no longer my belief.

RockLobsterBOS

Reaction score
Model
Express 330

Accessory
Nav Light
Fwd. Bilge
Aft Bilge
Horn (red)
Water Pressure
Raw Water
W/S Wiper
Cockpit Light
Macerator
Main/Aux Fuel
Elec. Box
Livewell

s-l1600.jpg

Josh
Parts Manager
Taylor Marine
302-422-9177

Can you send a direct link to where the switches can be viewed please?

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Can you send a direct link to where the switches can be viewed please?
I just received a set of replacement covers from New Wire Marine. Such a huge difference for short money. It will make my experience captaining the boat much easier as now my crew can easily find the wash down switch for instance.

combined with a pair of new screens, it feels like a much newer boat.

Attachments

• IMG_6318.jpeg
    IMG_6318.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Reactions: ilmmct