Help Identifying Grady

MomentSurf

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I've been driving past this boat for several months now...all I was able to see from the road was the enclosed pilot house. I love this look...totally my style (not to mention the fact I've always wanted a Grady...bonus!). Today, I stopped by the house to ask about the boat...the lady said 'her brother in-law owns it...he doesn't live here". I asked if I can snap a few pics and leave my number in case its for sale. From the looks of it, the boat hasn't been moved in years! Its piled up with junk inside it. The hull looks to be solid and it all seems 'to be there'. Stupid me but I didn't get a good look at the engine or its condition. From what I can see it needs a lot of TLC...and then who knows what I'll uncover. I have a feeling I'll get a call from this guy considering it looks like he isn't doing much with the boat.

So...
-Anybody know what year/make/model it is?
-What do I look for, any problems this boat is prone to? (Gas Tank, Transom, rot/soft spots in certain places)

I currently own a '78 Mako 23' CC, so I'm pretty familiar with the usual problems these type of boats have...I'm just wondering if there is anything specific to the Grady's (Like there is for the Mako's).

Also, was the pilot house an add on or something factory?

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
0301111444.jpg

0301111445.jpg

0301111445a.jpg

0301111445b.jpg

0301111445c.jpg

0301111446.jpg

no problem

Reaction score
Far as I know, that's a custom pilot house. That boat probably started life as a center console. Remember, sometimes the most expensive boat is a free one! Use the search function on this site. That boat has either had all the problem areas addressed or it needs lots of updates. Depends what's been done already. Good luck and let us know what happens.

gw204

Reaction score
MomentSurf said:
I currently own a '78 Mako 23' CC, so I'm pretty familiar with the usual problems these type of boats have...I'm just wondering if there is anything specific to the Grady's (Like there is for the Mako's).

Yep. All the same stuff.

MomentSurf

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! Yea, unfortunately it does look like that Dolphin 200. I try to stay away from boats that have been majorly modified...

We'll see...a free offer would spike my interest again...but that never happens!

1st grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This brings to mind the quote "run hard and put away wet".