HELP!!! Kicker for my 204C Overnighter?

countryroad

Reaction score
I need to put a trolling motor on my 204C. Most trolling will be very slow...Walleye speed. I am leaning on a 4-stroke but not sure about what kind of trolling bracket I should get. Also my boat has trim tabs. Will my tabs get in the way of the kicker?. What kind of bracket do you recommend? What side of the transom should I put my kicker on? One more question, what length of shaft should I get. Any advise from anyone will be greatly appreciated. Happy holidays and Thanks in advance!!!!

Finatic

Reaction score
I've had a kicker on each of previous Gradys. If you leaning towards a 4 stroke consider either the Yamaha T8hp or T9.9hp. This engines have a hight thrust and nearly flat prop, it will definately get the job done on a 20' boat. As far as mounting brackets are concerned OMC makes a heavy duty bracket that can withstand the weight of the four strokes are well as the extra torque produced by the high thrust. The trim tabs should not be an issue, I've never had a problem with it on either of my previous boats. Lastly, if you have a swim platform or boarding ladder mounted on your transom you will need to mount the kicker on the opposite side. I hope this helps and by the way take a look in the "for sale" section, I have a complete kicker engine package for sale there.

countryroad

Reaction score
Kicker package

Would you ship to Michigan? How much? Thanks. Call me if you want.
Al, 989-975-3474

Down Time 226

Reaction score
Kicker bracket

I bought my 226 Seafarer that had a kicker installed at one point. The owner I bought the boat from removed the kicker and bracket, and when I bought the boat the bracket went into my pick up to take home. It has been in my garage for a year now. If you are interested I will send some pics with dimensions.