HELP! NEED ADVICE ON PREPS FOR A COLD SNAP!

casey6901

Reaction score
Can anyone please provide us with advice on preps for a hard freeze?

We have an Express 305 which is kept in a wet slip at our marina in coastal Georgia. The forecast calls for overnight temps of 29,24,and 29 for Wed-Fri.

We do not usually get that cold here so we are unsure of what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

gw204

Reaction score
What's the water temp at your marina? I might be out of line here, but I'm willing to bet that if the water temps are high enough, that will keep the air temps around the boat above freezing and you would have to do anything.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
At the very least I would leave the engines down, and close all of your seacocks.Also if you can throw a small heater or light bulb in your bilge and cabin.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Living in the northeast all my life and having boats for most of it, I would not get too overly concerned about a few evenings excursion into the high twenties. We frequently have nights like this in October and do not get too worried about it. If the temp stays below freezing all day for all three days it might be another story. The other respondent is correct that if the water temp around your boat is in the sixties it will help keep the average temperature of your boat and air around your boat a little warmer than if it were on land. Also he is correct about keeping the cabin warm but don't do so at the risk of a fire, my guess is that you will be fine if you do nothing at all.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I would think in addition to other's advise, don't know how well the sea temp is going to cover FW system - if not now what's the sea water temp come February if same snap occurs then ?