Help w/Fisher Panda Generator

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Going to start the generator after it ran fine the last time and getting a clicking sound. Starter looks fine and plenty of battery power. Could it be selenoid? any ideas what else to check?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Check the start relay. Don’t remember which one it is but if you have the manual I always carry a spare.

Reactions: grady33

Meanwhile

Reaction score
I had that happen and had a repair kit I bought off a gentleman that cruised the inside passage, several relays were included. It turned out to be a plug and play module. In my case the relay was not allowing fuel in. I'd suggest you take a look at the 2 relays.

Reactions: grady33

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I do keep spare relays onboard and will try swapping them out today. thanks!

Fishtales

Reaction score
The starter seems to go every 7 years or so for me. Fairly easy fix. Basically what you describe is the sympton. FP has technical support you can contact them via phone (get off net).

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the help guys. Pulled and replaced the left relay and that did the trick. I keep a few extras on board. only second time i’ve had to replace one of them! thanks again!

Reactions: Meanwhile

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Quick easy question. I'm 99% sure I'm having the same issue. 3 out of 4 tries the generator just clicks and then every 4th try it starts just like normal without a problem. I'm having problems finding spare relays (outside of ebay). Where did you get them from?

2006 Express w/ Diesel FP

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I would think a local Grady dealer would have them. i had a bunch of extras from the previous owner.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Quick easy question. I'm 99% sure I'm having the same issue. 3 out of 4 tries the generator just clicks and then every 4th try it starts just like normal without a problem. I'm having problems finding spare relays (outside of ebay). Where did you get them from?

2006 Express w/ Diesel FP
Call Fischer panda in Fort Lauderdale Florida. They stock and will ship all parts.

Reactions: Meanwhile