Help with 91' Sailfish 252G / SV2 Hull ?

qdiver

Reaction score
Hey Guy's, I'm thinking about trading my 93' Seafarer for a 91' Sailfish with twin 2002 Yam. 250' ox 66 with 350 hours plus some cash. I love my Seafarer but need more room and the stand up head for the family is a big plus. My Seafarer has the SV2 hull. The Sailfish I am going to look at I don't believe it does but not sure, I have not seen it yet, going this week to check it out. When did the SV2 hull come out on the 25' Sailfish?

Any comments on the trade-off with the hull difference? I realize my gas consumption is going to be quite a bit more compared to what I have now but the few extra feet not to mention the wider hull is a big plus as live in west central FL. and venture out into the Gulf 30/40 miles now with my Seafarer so the assurance of a second motor is something I am looking for also. To get to what we call "the middle-grounds" here is 80 miles out and that's when the fishing really gets good. It would also be used for Island hopping with the family when not headed out fishing.
Any impute would be appreciated. I have done allot to my Seafarer and just not sure on the takeoffs as I never ridden on a Sailfish.
Thanks,

GreatWhite23

Reaction score
Had a 93 gulfstream same as a sailfish just two feet shorter. It was a badass fishing boat ran many 100 mile fishing trips. Alot easier to handle than my current boat.(docking in a current or wind) I enjoyed the boat a lot. Just be prepared for heavier fuel bills

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I think 92 was the first year of SeaV2 on the Sailfish. I recall a bunch of THT discussion on this when I was researching and decided to hold off for a SeaV2. Try cutting and pasting the following line into Google:

seaV2 hull sailfish site:www.thehulltruth.com

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
'92 was the first year they used the SV2 hull on the 25' Sailfish.

You can easily tell if a boat has the SV2 design or not. If the lift strakes run all the way to the stern, the hull is pre-SV2.

qdiver

Reaction score
Hey doc & onoa, you are both right. This 91 did not have the SeaV2 hull... 92 was the first year. I went to see it this week She was not bad for a 91 w trailer he's asking $21,500 just not sure on the motors as they are 2002 fuel injected 250's ox 66 but no way of knowing the hours on them as he did not change the controls/digital when he re-powered with these and there is no hour meters.. It still has the older Yamaha RPM gauges that came with the carbonated motor it had, I would have to take his word for it on the hours and yes, do a comp. & a sea trial some check's that I can do myself but the hull looks good and no soft spots on deck.
Here are some pics of the boat. Not sure rolling the dice to the tune of 20,000 on this one.

GreatWhite23, I like the Gulfstream and looked at one not too long ago the deck space is great just a bit small on the cabin area but have been looking for a nicer one of those too. Just a foot bigger than my 228 Seafarer but definitely looks like allot more boat !!

Sorry, could not upload pics. will figure it out and try to add them latter.
Thanks,
Mike

capt.jackhfd

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I realize this is an old thread, but I wish to correct it. I have a 1991 252G that is an SV2 hull. My original manual says it, and strakes don't go all the way back. Everything I read said they didn't start until '92, but there's at least 1 from 1991 and I have it.