HELP with macerator

ricco1234

Reaction score
Hi from Cape Cod,

I bought a 2000 Gulfstream over the winter and have just splashed it. I've followed the instructions to pump out the holding tank and I can hear the macerator running but it is not pumping out the tank. After running for about 10 seconds the pump starts to slow down. I have tried the Y valve in both positions and no go and yes I've opened the seacock. . OK hear is the 64 dollar question. Where is the macerator? I have checked every inspection plate and I can't see it.
Did Grady put it someplace where where the entire deck has to be removed to replace it?? I'm fairly handy and I feel silly asking this....

THANKS

ahill

Reaction score
Download the manual for your boat from Grady to find location.
I used to keep my Sailfish on a trailer and the macerator would lose prime unless I closed the seacock before pulling out.

ricco1234

Reaction score
Hi & thanks for the info. I have a manual and it shows a rough location of the macerator as somewhere under the pass. seat forward of the livewell. I guess my question is, has anyone replaced one on a Gulfstream? There seems to be no access at all short of taking up the deck, which makes no since this is a part that fails and needs replacement. THX

jimintheair3

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The macerator is located under the passenger seat ! To access, take screws off of the ring around the tackle box under the passenger seat. Open the door, take out the drawers, place your hand inside the "box" and pull the whole unit out, CAREFULLY not to hurt the plastic flange on the outside (It will still be attached to the box). "There it is !" Go to the Jabsco web site or Google Jabsco Macerator Model 18590-0000 and see the directions to turn the impeller, by hand after lack of use. That is more than likely your problem. If not, than a pump kit may be in order.
"Hocus Pocus"
Jim