Hi guys, new member question

Pauliefish

Reaction score
Big hello to everyone in the forum. I just recently purchased my first boat, a 2001 222 fisherman. I have been on boats for the last 30 years, and I cant say enough great things about this boat.
Just a terrific vessel. I am so happy with the purchase and plan on keeping the boat for many years to come.
My question is regarding the guide for the pulpit is catching the shackle of the anchor line when I drop and retrieve. It does it almost every time, and I am having to walk out and lean over the pulpit and twist and turn to get the anchor working. Any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks!!
Paul

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Hey Curmudgeon, You're right on. I had the same issue early this year and changed over to the West Marine Anchor Connector and it worked like a charm!

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I agree 100%, they work well, but if your spending that much, spend $10 more and get one that swivels as well, it is worth the extra money IMHO. Once you buy the new piece of hardware you should nolonger have any problems. Enjoy the new boat!!!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I've been using the swivel one on all my boats. The first one i had bought was like 80 bucks and was made in Italy, that was the best out of all i used afterwards. I can't find that one anymore.

Pauliefish

Reaction score
Yes you are correct regarding the u-shaped shackle. I checked out the link and that looks like a great solution.
Thank you and best regards.
Paul :D