Hi, new Marlin owner here.

30marlin

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought a 2007 Marlin 300 with twin F250's
I have a few questions.

Do the alarms sound when you turn on the ignition like you hear on the Merc's ? Both buzzers are there and they are hooked up. Don't know if this is how they are or the previous owner disabled them.

Steering is 8 turns lock to lock. This seams very excessive to me and is hard to get used to after running my last boat that was 3 turns. I am not sure what size Seastar helm unit is installed and the system is free of air.

Does anybody have pictures of there Fischer Panda Generator?
I am going to install one and would love to see how and were it is located along with all the other things required for installation.
Does the factory install scoop thu-hulls or are they turned backwards like the manual suggests installing them.

Love the boat and am looking forward to the upcoming season.

Thanks,
Jim

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome to the board!
I am acting pres of the marlin fan club (inside joke) :lol:
Ypu will love your boat. See below for some info.

30marlin said:
Hello,

Do the alarms sound when you turn on the ignition like you hear on the Merc's ? Both buzzers are there and they are hooked up. Don't know if this is how they are or the previous owner disabled them.

>>> Yes. That is a test to make sure the alarms are working.

Steering is 8 turns lock to lock. This seams very excessive to me and is hard to get used to after running my last boat that was 3 turns. I am not sure what size Seastar helm unit is installed and the system is free of air.

>>> Check the fluid level and top off with seastar fluid. If it is still not responsive, check the instructions for bleeding out air.

I am going to install one and would love to see how and were it is located along with all the other things required for installation.

>>> GW customer service can provide details and pix. It is installed on a shelf just aft of the bilge pump, thru hulls, and gas filters. It is essentially under the fishbox. The tank is behind it to starboard.

Does the factory install scoop thu-hulls or are they turned backwards like the manual suggests installing them.

>>> I believe they face backwards with strainers.

Thanks,
Jim

30marlin

Reaction score
megabytes said:
Welcome to the board!
I am acting pres of the marlin fan club (inside joke) :lol:
Ypu will love your boat. See below for some info.

30marlin said:
Hello,

>>> Yes. That is a test to make sure the alarms are working.

>>> Check the fluid level and top off with seastar fluid. If it is still not responsive, check the instructions for bleeding out air.

>>> GW customer service can provide details and pix. It is installed on a shelf just aft of the bilge pump, thru hulls, and gas filters. It is essentially under the fishbox. The tank is behind it to starboard.

>>> I believe they face backwards with strainers.

Thanks,
Jim

Thanks Megabytes, much appreciate it.