Holding tank discharge pump

Brian F

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Engaged the holding tank discharge pump while the thru-hull was closed. Pump ran briefly then stopped. What did I break?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Did you try opening the thru hull again and running? First thing I'd do is check the fuse for it. Then check that the pump is getting voltage.

Brian F

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Yes, opened the thru-hull and tried again but had no luck. There is a circuit breaker for the discharge pump that did not pop, but I did turn it off and on again. Is there also an in line fuse?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My macerator has a fuse in the fuse box and it has a breaker by the switch in the cockpit. Some baots have the switch in cabin with tank level monitor. my guess if it is the latter it probably has an in line fuse as well - good luck , it is very expensive pump to replace

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Which switch did you activate pump out? Mine is on a small panel in the head. It has a fuse, push button and a few tank level lights. Also a green power indicator. The fuse on this panel will pop if there are pump problems. No other circuit breaker.

The tank is behind the toilet. Remove screws in panel to get to it. Tank probably has a Groco in tank macerator pump. These pumps work great but after many years of service they do act up. If so that is a different conversation.

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Brian. I did that on my 330 once shortly after I bought it. It was something to do with the "duckbill"? flaps inside the vacuflush system. The tech accessed the pump from the starboard side of the midberth by removing a panel and had to "reset" the flap back to the correct position. Sorry I can't be more specific but the tech knew right away how to fix it when I described what had happened.