home made All-around LED

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I needed to raise the height of my All-around white after raising my radar dome.I also wanted to go to LED.
I had a Perko 12" that had a quality reinforced plastic adjustable base. Much searching online and at West Marine found nothing suitable. All of the bases are really cheap plastic GARBAGE and the size goes from 12" to 24" and I just needed about 18". Also there are a couple types of LED out there and some aren't really even 360deg. Some don't have a replaceable bulb.

I ended up buying a 3nm LED on amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GDJCYV2?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
The length didn't matter because I made my own mount. Drilled out the rivet and just used the light part.
I used 3/4" pvc pipe and thread couplers from Home Depot. I used silicone to glue the light fixture to the coupler. I painted the pvc fighting lady yellow to match the underside of the hardtop. The 3/4" coupler has a 1" thread that fits an antenna mount. I used a short stainless mount that I had laying around. I wired it with a plug so I can unscrew it for trailering at the end of the season.
On my previous boat I used a "Lift-N-Drop" type antenna mount and the pvc was about 30" and doubled as a flag pole.

All around LED post.jpg

Reactions: Chessie246G

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Interesting idea! Looks good! I purchased an Attwood fold down with stainless base LED light many years ago but seems they are not making the same anymore. Now the fold down is not with the stainless base + LED like I have but instead is a plastic lever with a really strange looking LED light style. I like mine much more. Not sure what Attwood is doing lately, but the new designs are something to be desired for sure. ;)
The price for the lever style base and LED light is approx. $175 which is unbelievable!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
If you need it to drop you can use one of these Lift N Lay antenna mounts...$30
The 3/4 pvc pipe & couplers are a couple bucks

1659534878552.png