Hours for a 200hpdi

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
just wondering what the most hours are that anyone has seen on a 200hpdi.
Mine have 800 hours and various mechanics are saying 1500 - 3000 . obviously....... depending on care and usage.
I have mine serviced as per the recomended intervals, and with a bit of luck i seem to have got on top of the fuel problems I was having.
They seem to run very strong and as i do a lot of trolling (probably more than 50% 0f engine hours) and rarely run above 4200 rpm at cruise i am hoping for some extended use.......

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Come on guys, you are my most reliable info source: what is the most hours you have seen on a 200HPDI?

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Richie. i have had my mechanic helping with the motor probs at home he is so embarrased that he was unable to diagnose the problem earlier.
I now believe it started withe dirty fuel but then became a bigger issue with the whole motor fuel systems and it was just a matter of trial and error changing stuff.
He also changed the trigger on the stator which he belives may have been an issue.
So both motors have all filters, vst's, etc and pumps checked and the problem seems to have gone.I have also adjusted the oil rods back as they were using too much oil......

chillywon

Reaction score
I had over 2000 trouble free hrs on mine. However, they were a little tired.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
So when you say they were a "little tired"were they becoming unreliable or were you losing some performance?

chillywon

Reaction score
jekyl said:
So when you say they were a "little tired"were they becoming unreliable or were you losing some performance?

It was mostly piece of mind, they were loosing a little off the top end , but over all were still running strong. I took great care of them but I wanted one less thing to worry about while off shore. Sooooo I found a pair of F225's.