How many Grady owners carry spare props on board?

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Re: Spare props

boatz said:
I have a spare prop for each engine. I figure if they are there I will never need them. If not there you always know what happens.[/quote

Ding Ding...

We have a winner here folks....

Gary M

Reaction score
I run to the Bahamas out of Lauderdale a lot each year so I kind of have to have them. With counter-rotating I need a spare for each engine. So, when I bought my 2001 in 2006, I bought new props and then re-hubbed the old ones to use as spares.

A problem is where to stow them? I found a handy place in my Marlin. Under the aft lid of my mid-berth I found a spot on either side of the holding tank where they are snug and dry. WELL greased up before they went down!

Boat062.jpg

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
To chaneg a prop at sea, have to be in water.

Make sure to have spare nuts washers cotters incase you drop while swimming. Or get a inflatable boat to stiore with spare prop.

Beaching boat allows prop change.

Don't forget to tie wrench to neck when swimming the changeout.

massimo

Reaction score
ksgoldman said:
I took delivery of my 2010 Grady White Tournament 275 with Twin Yamaha 150's on April 15th this year (and of course absolutely love the boat!!!). My question to other Grady White owners is how many of you carry spare props on the boat while boating? The reason I ask is that with my prior boat (a 2006 Seaswirl Striper 2101 Dual Console with a single Yamaha 150), I carried a spare prop just in case I damaged my prop while boating (so that I would have a way to get home other than by being towed). Ironically I kept the spare from my Striper (since it was from a Yamaha 150) but I'm now debating whether to get a second prop for the other engine to keep on board. Of course with dual engines, I'm probably in better shape given that it's unlikely that I would damage props on both engines (and could always gt home on one if one is damaged). I do carry spare fuel filters on board (both the on engine filter as well as the larger in boat filters) as well as spare plugs.

Thanks,

ken,

ken,
just buy also me a Tournament 275 with hard-top.Boat is ready the first days of june.With two engines I don't think its necessary for me to have spare props.
I boating 25 years and nothing happened.Look (after rain in the mountains) if you boating near rivers..but this is for me in a little sea like Adriatic.[/list][/u]