Humminbird 957, Raymarine A57D, Furuno fcv 620?

Bama96

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with any of these electronics on your Grady? I was thinking of getting another unit to put beside my Garmin 498. Any thoughts on how they work offshore? I bottom fish up to about 300' of water and about 25 miles out.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
no exp. however, i would be reluctant to buy a ray until i knew what the future of the company was or who will service the unit under warranty if the company folds. ron

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
richie rich said:
Say it ain't so......Raymarine is going out of business? My whole system is RM.

you're kidding, right? :shock: this has been going on for a while now. at one point garmin was bidding, but they seem to have dropped out. there is nothing saying they are going out of business, just nothing saying they are continuing strong. just make sure all your software is up to date and you are not holding any warranty work back (you can search press stories though) . other than that, all you can do is wait to see the outcome. ron

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had the Furuno 582 which is an earlier model. Excellent FF. I would recommend Furuno well above the others. Go to the docks and see what the commercial guys use. Furuno.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you decide to sell the 498 and go with one big combo unit (a 3206 or 3210 fits nicely in the 225 box), let me know....I've been looking for one. My spring project includes flush mounting my GPS, VHF and stereo....

richie rich

Reaction score
no, not kidding...or paying attention obviously...I see them advertise everywhere...at all the shows etc.....I'm past warranty, (3 years+) but I should look into software updates.....I love my system...never new they were having issues..