I have got the Feaver...bad

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Springsteen's song the Feaver is runn'n through my head and I got the Feaver bad, spring feaver. Here in the southeast the winter has been long and cold and in the Smoky Mountains we have had a ton of snow. Love the snow, but man, I cant wait to get on the water.

After reading and enjoying the posts on what tunes do you play in the pass, it fed the feaver even more. I was born and raised in Fla and moved here maybe 5 years ago and I gotta say, I dont know how yall deal with winter in the northern parts of the US/Canada, especially the northeast. You got maybe 3 months of good boating and that is it :lol:

Anyway, getting the boat ready and I hoping this month we get her in the water. Maybe this year we will meet up with a few of you folks in the Carolinas or bump into a few of you in the Keys this summer. After this winter, the feaver is strong and the water is calling for sure.

Who else has got the Feaver...?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Fishing with Strikezone

Me and my buddy are suppose to hook up with Strikezone this spring and do some offshore time with him. Looking forward to it. Come on Spring!!! Right now it's 38 down in SC, so not alot better than here at home, atleast it's not snowing there.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
let me know and we can make it a trio...I was in Charleston last weekend and enjoyed your 70 degree day on Saturday!

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Went about 20 miles out today to try and do some bottom fishing. I've been cooped up for the past two months and just needed to get out of the house. This has been the worst winter I can ever remember.

Anyway, my daughter and I left this morning with very little wind and near glass conditions in the harbor. A few miles past the jetties and things started kicking up to the point that when I got to the area I planned on fishing my daughter was about to throw up and I couldn't even stand in the cockpit to fish. I knew there woudl be some small chop but this was 4-5 foot chop.

Although she never actually got sick we headed back and called it a day. It was still nice to get out on the water. Can't wait for spring...

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
you just described our usual days for the last year....

between NMFS closing all our good fishing seasons and the weather, I am actually in the process of changing what I fish for. Had a local tackle store doing their annual sale (totally awesome folks, tackle and prices) and I started converting from 75-25 bottom/trolling to the reverse %.

We will have maybe 6-8 weeks of bottom fishing in 2010 given the changes in the laws (thanks to the idiots in DC) so my plan is to crank up the wahoo / dolphin / cobia fishing and enjoy the limited bottom fishing when time comes.

Sorry your daughter didn't enjoy the day though, rough water will beat anyone up but hopefully she's ready to try again when conditions are a little more favorable....

whittlinden

Reaction score
:D Yeah I had to get out of Annapolis after the first 2 ft. of snow,That's the best thing about a trailerable boats,you can be fishing the Keys in a couple days,so that's what I did.Finishd a job at Fort Meade and got layed off.Towed my 1989-22 Seafarer south and trolling out past the reef line in Tavernier Key.Catching some King Mack's and a few Mahi-Mahi when it's not too rough to go out to the hump.