I need lettering ideas for my 283 Release

LisaN

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 283
She came unnamed and I’m not sure where to place the name and what kind of co,or and font. Would love to see some.

Reaction score
Just named ours last week. I chose to offset the name to port as the across the transom location looks great, but is always partially obstructed by the motors. BTW DIYLettering.com is fantastic; quality products and great design tool.
GW KV 10 21.jpg

Last edited:

jenbl4ze

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING.....we want to name ours and were wondering the size of the letters

Reaction score
On ours? The upper case are ~6", total length is a bit over 12". DIYlettering.com's design tool, is good at letting you visualize ratios, etc. I made a rough template our of paper to get the size and placement, then designed the lettering within that 'box'.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
I went a bit large with the size (48" x 12").

Location centered on the transom.

Attachments

• Name.jpg
    Name.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: pitchrollyaw&float

seasick

Reaction score
Naming is relatively simple task but denaming is a whole other story. Some say It is bad mojo to for the owner of a boat to remove an old name and that someone else should do that.More importantly there a denaming process and recitation that one should follow so as to not offend the gods:)
If you are superstitious and interested, I can post the ceremony for renaming (assuming I can find it)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Naming is relatively simple task but denaming is a whole other story. Some say It is bad mojo to for the owner of a boat to remove an old name and that someone else should do that.More importantly there a denaming process and recitation that one should follow so as to not offend the gods:)
If you are superstitious and interested, I can post the ceremony for renaming (assuming I can find it)
Oh yes, we took it seriously, IIRC it involves water soluble ink, a piece of metal, recitations, and rum... The folks on the fuel dock all joined in:)