I'm back.

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Due to some life changes I put my Grady up for sale end of last year. Then pulled it from the market. Had a mild stroke this spring (I'm only 46 years old) after making a full recovery I'm ready to get back on the Grady! Actually took it out 2 weeks ago for the first time since the previous fall. (sat for almost a year) Overheat warnings going off at idle. (rolling my eyes) have everything ordered (thermostats, water pump, poppet valve) Its all due anyway. Anyway, glad to be back and back on the boat again. It sure beats the alternative!

Meant for the general board!! Sorry guys- Stroke brain! LOL./

seasick

Reaction score
Welcome back. I hope you have a full recovery.
Your motor will probably make a full recovery also. Things were a tad old and after sitting unused for a year, impellers get stiff, poppets get sticky and t-states suffer redistricted flow.
Good luck . Happy and safe boating!

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I think it's combination of a few. Got first overheat while idling out of the creek. Shut it down waited a few, started it back up and reved the engine. Once it came back to idle overheat alarm went off. (poppet valve im guessing) Then got her up on plane and after about 30sec alarm went off again. (Tstats more then likely) Hell, might even be a sensor issue. Heads were not hot to the touch. (didnt have my heat gun with me)

Yes fully recovered, The stroke was only minor. Thank god! had some lingering issues with the right side (why I took the year off from the boat) balance and short term memory. But it is all back to normal.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yes, welcome back. Wish you a complete recovery!

pcpisano

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Due to some life changes I put my Grady up for sale end of last year. Then pulled it from the market. Had a mild stroke this spring (I'm only 46 years old) after making a full recovery I'm ready to get back on the Grady! Actually took it out 2 weeks ago for the first time since the previous fall. (sat for almost a year) Overheat warnings going off at idle. (rolling my eyes) have everything ordered (thermostats, water pump, poppet valve) Its all due anyway. Anyway, glad to be back and back on the boat again. It sure beats the alternative!

Meant for the general board!! Sorry guys- Stroke brain! LOL./
Welcome back and am glad for your recovery.