In cabin folding rod rack

my retreat

Reaction score
I just purchased a 27' Islander and wanted to make the folding rod racks out of Starboard material. The Grady option at $400 is a bit steep for rod holders. Can someone who has these factory installed take some close up pictures of how they are mounted both front and back?

My winter project and boats I found online just don't have good pictures that show mounting locations.

Thanks for any reply!!

HB

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
onclr posted the rack didn't fit his 270 Islander, they were out of a Sailfish. Maybe someone who has them as a Grady option will post some info.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Rod Racks

I have the factory rod racks in my Islander. I'll get you some pictures and measurments.

nevsatII

Reaction score
I am also interested in folding rod racks for my Gulfstream. I would greatly apppreciate any photos so I can see how they are mounted.
Thanks

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Rod Racks

Here are some images and notes of the rod racks in my '97 Islander. I left them the original size for more detail and included two drawings.

Rod Rack.zip

Use 1/2" starboard - color seafoam - Boaters World has it.

I've done a few starboard projects. All the cuts, turns, routed edges and the repeat pattern are difficult to do if the "look" is important to you.