Install Swim Platform on 89 Gulfstream with twins

Captain Chaos

Reaction score
Has anybody attached a swim platform to a gulfstream ( 1989 ) ?
I have twin 150's that don't leave much room on either side

I just spent several hours refurbishing and refinishing an old teak platform that was given to me, only to realize that it was to big. Too bad, as it came out great.

Has anybody installed the removable stick type ladder ?

Thoughts ? Recommendations are greatly appreciated !

Not a big fan of the over the gunnell hook type ladder which I have now.

Thanks everybody. Looking forward to a great season !

Workdog

Reaction score
I have a small swim platform on my portside with a two step ladder that flips down or when up lays on the swim platform. The ladder is hinged to SS brackets screwed down to the top of the swim platform. The swim platform can be removed by pulling a pin on each side and lifting it off the brackets.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A full width platform is available for the bracket model, that's why I ask.
Know someone selling one.

machinehead

Reaction score
Mattson Marine in Tampa is where I am going for the same boat. I am replacing my transom and have dicided to close it in and go with the twin bracket. They are not cheap but Mattson is the best design I was able to find, very well constructed. They will also provide a paper template so you can drill the holes without having to put it in place to mark the hole location. Price I was qouted was 3500.00 but you will gain more room, better fuel economy and better ride as if a Grady needs that......

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That is expensive, but does the bracket have a built-in swim platform on the sides?

Can make your own template out of cardboard so I hope that's not the reason and price.