Installing Lee Sidewinders on 2001 Grady-White 248 Voyager

flounder13

Reaction score
Hello.

I own a 2001 Grady-White 248 Voyager. When I purchased the boat in 2012, it did not have outriggers. At the time, we chose the cheapest option of gunnel mount riggers. I already had a set of Lee's 18' 16" aluminum riggers from my Gulfstream 232 that we lost in Hurricane Sandy. After last season, I've decided I want to move my riggers from gunnel mount to top mount. With that in mind, I'm looking for advice from anyone who has put top mount riggers, and specifically, Lee's Sidewinder mounts, on a 248 Voyager.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

trackah

Reaction score
Hello.

I own a 2001 Grady-White 248 Voyager. When I purchased the boat in 2012, it did not have outriggers. At the time, we chose the cheapest option of gunnel mount riggers. I already had a set of Lee's 18' 16" aluminum riggers from my Gulfstream 232 that we lost in Hurricane Sandy. After last season, I've decided I want to move my riggers from gunnel mount to top mount. With that in mind, I'm looking for advice from anyone who has put top mount riggers, and specifically, Lee's Sidewinder mounts, on a 248 Voyager.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom, sent you a more detailed pm. but after much research i felt that top mounted outriggers were not the way to go for me i went with Lee Jr outriggers mount to the hardtop frame. i had to make some mods to the frame and it cam out very nice .it does the job nicely i am able to troll 7 outfits but when running bars i usually go with 5

best of luck
Mikeoutrigger.jpg