Installing Structurescan

mertzy

Reaction score
I'm upgrading the dash on my 1998 Adventure so my electronics (Lowrance HDS-7, VHF) will be flush mounted. I also have the Structurescan module that I can put behind the dash panel but to access the module I would need to remove the dash panel.

Should I find a more accessible spot?

Where has everyone else mounted their Structurescan modules or Sonic Hubs on Grady's?

gxsess

Reaction score
I just installed the sonic hub with my hds 5 on my 204c. Added the Sirius antenna as well. My dash is a bit smaller than yours so I bracket mounted the unit and installed the sonic hub and ipod doc on the helm side bulkhead inside the cabin and fished the wires around as I needed. Some wires showjng I just heat shrank them and zipped them to the bulkhead. Looks neat and tidy and if something goes south I can get to it easily. Do you get the nmea starter kit? Sonic hub wont light without the powered network. I didn't realize this until I installed the whole thing.

jpendejo

Reaction score
I installed an HDS 7 on my Explorer, flush mounted using a piece of starboard which replaced the smoked glass in the dash..The Structure Scan module is mounted in the cabin, starboard underneath just ahead of where the trim tab oil reservoir is. I mounted the module on the inside wall. Also installed the NMEA network, with the ETEC engine harness. Works great, still learning.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I'd put the sonic hub in the cabin so you can easily get to it. The Structurescan module can go in the e-box.