Interior cushion recover

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I just bought a 2008 Express 330. It currently is "on the hard" and awaiting a trip back to MA in the spring. My wife wants the interior cushions (v-berth and aft sleeping berth) re-covered before the spring. Any info on a good person to recover the cushions in the Fall River/New Bedford area?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Not sure of a specific shop in your area, but most upholstery shops either auto or marine should be able to do it.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Not in your area but Building 21 in Rockland MA does nice work. Mom and pop shop that does a ton of work for a few GW dealers. I had work done by them in the past and can vouch.
It tends to be an expensive thing though. You can do it yourself if you pattern off the existing material. I'll share a link what I did with the cushions on my 300. These were the vinyl. I'm sure the cabin cushions would be a lot easier to sew yourself, just use sunbrella fabric. If you want to send these out, a good curtain and cushion shop can do.

Squid1962

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks for the Info. Inquiring if anyone has done any work with Creative Canvas Works in New Bedford. They are a bit closer to me. Any input appreciated. Thanks

Fishtales

Reaction score
No experience, but most in this business know what they are doing. I'd see if they do any work for GW dealers in the area. Most dealers sub the work out to a local shop.

seasick

Reaction score
For berth cushions, a decent upholstery shop will probably give you a better deal than a marine canvas shop. You will have to have the cushions though to give to the shop.
Recovering the cushions is like having a couch recovered only easier. You don't really need 'marine grade' material, just a good quality fabric that has some stain resistance in it or added to it.

The cost will vary a lot depending on the fabric chosen, whether new foam is needed, what type of seams you want (like piping) and whether you want the covers to be removable (needing zippers).

Outside vinyl/canvas work or bolsters are a different story, For those, I would suggest a good marine fabricator.

seasick

Reaction score
That will help, foam can be expensive, especially the high density stuff.