Interior lighting LED options

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My interior lighting fixtures on the 07 Marlin are getting old and showing their age. What have y'all replaced them with? I've already swapped the dome light with an LED replacement... this light would work for the head overhead light as well when it is time.

How about the swivel base gold fixtures? Anyone have any cool suggestions for either swapping bulbs or the entire fixture? Curious, thanks.

R

Fishtales

Reaction score
There are LED replacements for the bullet shaped lights in the cabin. They are a direct replacement and work well - same manufacturer. Do a google search.
I put lumetec light bars under the gunnels and changed the bulbs in the circular lights in the cabin area. I put led light bulbs in the dome unit and mast light and installed LED navigation lights on the bow.

Jrspawn

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I swapped all the bulbs in my marlin over to LED. They work great and use considerably less electric. Also, be careful selecting new bulbs/lights. Some of them have a different color/temp and can look very different.

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Based on search results here, I've replace all the interior lights on my 330 with LED, some just took a festoon bulb from superbrightleds, others was the entire fixture. Bow lights are this year, and then the only incandescent will be the courtesy light over the helm.

Reactions: Angler Management

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I already replaced the cabin dome light, I should probably do the head dome light too but it gets so little use and still looks decent. I replaced anchor light and bow lights a few years ago, they are seriously bright. Really just looking for the Skandvik suggestion. Will order 4!

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I already replaced the cabin dome light, I should probably do the head dome light too but it gets so little use and still looks decent. I replaced anchor light and bow lights a few years ago, they are seriously bright. Really just looking for the Skandvik suggestion. Will order 4!
Make sure you do a a correct count. I think there are 5 lights in the Marlin. Two on port side. Two on starboard, one facing toward bunk and one facing galley. And a fifth in the after berth.
Also, I replaced my head light with a led white and red dome light as part to the replacement of all lights. Did same for cabin. A little mood lighting, and acts like a night light that is less bright.

Reactions: Angler Management

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Make sure you do a a correct count. I think there are 5 lights in the Marlin. Two on port side. Two on starboard, one facing toward bunk and one facing galley. And a fifth in the after berth.
Also, I replaced my head light with a led white and red dome light as part to the replacement of all lights. Did same for cabin. A little mood lighting, and acts like a night light that is less bright.
Cool...

I count two lights in the Vee (one port and one starboard), one entering the cabin over the stairs, and one in the mid berth... where is the second light on starboard?

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Cool...

I count two lights in the Vee (one port and one starboard), one entering the cabin over the stairs, and one in the mid berth... where is the second light on starboard?
Maybe there was a change between 2005 and 2007. On the starboard side there is one outside of the head door facing the galley and one on the forward head wall facing toward the the bow.

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Maybe there was a change between 2005 and 2007. On the starboard side there is one outside of the head door facing the galley and one on the forward head wall facing toward the the bow.
Gosh you might be right... All I can remember is hanging my clothes on the coat rack there. But I now think you're correct there's one there too! My mind is getting really old... Thanks!

Reactions: el jefe