Is this a good deal?

cwrisso

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum, but am really considering this boat. I posted the same question on thehulltruth yesterday:

1996 Grady White 272 Sailfish

Price is 28k firm... Here's the details:

-Twin ocean runner 200's with 04 power heads (125 hours)
-Aluminum tri-axle trailer good shape
-Basic electronics (gps vhf, no radar)

Seems like it was taken good care of, full enclosure curtains look new, all vinyl in great shape, hull is in very good shape.

Now I prefer Yamaha, but it's so rare that you come by a boat that was babied, this one has me interested. Any thoughts fellas?

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

I had the same boat and year with the Johnson 225's. It appears like a really good price for a 96 272. I doubt you will see one for less money. I assume you will get a survey or at the very least have a mechanic check out the motors.

Good boat and good luck.

Marty grady 272

Reaction score
I have the 95 272 sail fish and had 200 hp OX66 motors. It was a very good boat. I purchased it right so when one of the engins through a rod I still wasent hurt having to replace the motors with 200 hpdi motors. The hpdi motors make the boat a great boat, more like a friends with 225 hps. I am going to keep this boat for a long time so the replacement costs will be spread out over many years. The price you are talking about is a very good price. The trailer only adds to the deal. It is either usuable or saleable. Have the boat surveyed and the motors gone over just to make sure there are no unhappy supprises. Good luck with the new-to you- boat