Jumping out of my skin - anyone else?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
WAZZU winters were brutal over in Pullman. Eastern Wash is a frozen tundra 4 months of the year.
Indeed. My buddy went to WSU and I went over to visit him several times, as well as I personally went to CWU in Ellensburg for a couple of years. I played on the practice squad for their football team for two different seasons and you'd have negative temperatures with the wind chill, of which we'd be out playing football with snow on the ground in our t shirts and shorts. There was one time I remember vividly where I was sick with mono and started shivering as I walked to class, of which looked at the temperature and it said -20 degrees outside. That's too cold for me.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Indeed. My buddy went to WSU and I went over to visit him several times, as well as I personally went to CWU in Ellensburg for a couple of years. I played on the practice squad for their football team for two different seasons and you'd have negative temperatures with the wind chill, of which we'd be out playing football with snow on the ground in our t shirts and shorts. There was one time I remember vividly where I was sick with mono and started shivering as I walked to class, of which looked at the temperature and it said -20 degrees outside. That's too cold for me.
We had one winter at WAZZU where it was literally -50 with wind chill. Minus 50 with about 3 ft of snow. They did not cancel class, they never canceled class. Any time it approaches freezing temps here in Pensacola schools close the whole city shuts down. When I graduated I swore I would never again live in a place that snows every year. I'll take heat, humidity, and the threat of hurricanes over being cold.

Captglasshole

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Calling for 75 and light winds here in Ocean City, MD this Sunday. I'll be out flounder fishing with the kiddo's for my first trip of the year!

Coastboater

Reaction score
I cleaned mine up yesterday, so it’s my fault it’s pouring today :mad:

Peter A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I’m in the water! The heavy 20-20kt southerly on Barnegat Bay NJ today was not conducive to a fun ride on a 208 - or even attempting to fish (for me at least) with a high and tight wave setup and spray blowing off the whitecaps but next Friday should be good. It’s a great day when you drop the engine, hear it set on the pins, turn the key and she comes to life, pull out of the slip, when the bow clears the breakwater and you know you are free.

Attachments

• IMG_6791.jpeg
    IMG_6791.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13