Just added some clamp-on rodholders!

Gary M

Reaction score
With my retractable aft Bimini laying up on the aft end of the hardtop, a rocket launcher/rod holder will not work. This left me constantly laying rods, gaffs, etc in the walkway in order to just quickly get them out of the way. Also, I wanted a quick-access rod holder for pitch rods or spinners to be easily accessible for schoolie dolphin.

I avoided the type that would mount on the vertical, aft frame tubing for two reasons. With my retractable aft bimini, they would not fit well. Also, I wanted to keep the entry into the cockpit from the dock as "open" as possible.

I finally picked up a pair of TACO Adjustable Rod Holders to mount on a horizontal tube of my hardtop frame. These are going to work out perfectly! They are fairly snug and do not impede access to the bow along the walkway.

Model: F16-2630POL-1 They have two sets of rubber inserts to account for slight variations in the tubing diameter. Measure your own tubing and buy the right size.....

Boat041.jpg

They are angled out slightly so that rods, etc can clear the hardtop.

Boat044.jpg

I'm very happy in how they look and will work. I wish that I had done this on day one!

Boat042.jpg

Boats Rock

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the plastic liner in the holder. It drys out and wants to walk out.

Gary M

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip BR..........

I do not plan to run with rods in them. They are for just getting stuff off the walkway and having them quickly available....