just for the record, CC voted down by the Admiral

ovidgsd

Reaction score
Well, the test drive of the 283 is in.....and to quote my Admiral, "I love this boat (283) but I want a Marlin 300 instead"........... ;) 8)

I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised - and I know many of you are not the least surprised either!

striped bass

Reaction score
My Admiral also voted down the Grady CC. But that was after we tried a CC for several years which was wet, windy, and difficult to sit down so the crew was usually standing and holding on to the T-Top tubing. We got a Grady 225 Tournament. We have had a big improvement in comfort and no hindrance at all for fishing. The larger cockpit is much better for fishing by a long shot.
Now the Admiral is looking at the 275 as well as the Express 305 and 330.

Fishtales

Reaction score
That is about par for the course. Most Admirals like the closed quarters of the express or walkarounds to a cc. If you have any enlisted or will in your future, you're likely going this route.

With the Admiral and 2 girls, I lost out too - what can you do. At least, she didn't say the current boat is enough or lets get something smaller than the 283. Nice prob to have if you ask me.....

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ovidgsd said:
Well, the test drive of the 283 is in.....and to quote my Admiral, "I love this boat (283) but I want a Marlin 300 instead"........... ;) 8)

I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised - and I know many of you are not the least surprised either!

...and that is a problem, why? :lol:

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My girls(admiral and daughter)really like our C/C more than the 330 express we had, they like the wind to hit the hair up front and also they like that they have access all around the boat. My wife always fishes from the bow and outperforms almost everybody, well............yes, everybody.

capeguy

Reaction score
So sorry to hear you will have to "settle" for the Marlin! To me, that is the #1 boat in the lineup...

Enjoy!

ovidgsd

Reaction score
yes, it will be a difficult bitter pill but I'll just have to put up with the 30 - ;) lol :D poor me.......heh