Labor Day Weekend Plans...lets hear them

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Hi Yall:
We are off to Lake Chicamouga on the TN River near Chattanooga and staying at Harrison Bay State Park. My kids will go through a couple of the locks and dams while there. I am not sure they have ever seen a lock? Anway, if anybody is on the TN River near Chattanooga this weekend and you see a 228 with NC numbers, it is likely me. I wish though I was fishing in the sea, but a river cruise is fun too.

So what say you about your Labor Day weekend boating plans...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
About 1200 miles on the car....quick trip to Orlando to attend to some family matters. I will be in the "Swamp" though, on Saturday night. :mrgreen:

Sorry we will miss the TN River trip...I think we are going to do the "Grand Canyon of the South" again in early October. We did it 5 years ago when the leaves were changing and it's beautiful.

blancokt

Reaction score
I will be cleaning up the house and the boat after Hurricane Irene last weekend. There is plenty of debris in the Long Island Sound and surrounding area. However, if the water clears, I will also do some Fluke fishing as well. Enjoy the weekend!

rcrudder

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We will be sitting in the condo in PC watching football inside and watching it rain outside. . .I hope.

Parthery, we are expecting good things out of the Swamp this year. . .until you play Auburn.

ahill

Reaction score
First Labor Day in years we're not running over to Bimini or down to the Keys.
Meeting old friends at their place in Telluride.
Us FL boys aren't used to altitude or cold. Should be interesting.

Fishshoreman

Reaction score
May not sound like fun but I have been battling an idle problem all season on my port engine. The thing purrs like a kitten at upper RPMs but stalls and surges at idle and low RPMS. I have been through the engine swapping parts and troubleshooting. Tonight after reading the shop manual last night for the 50th time I finally found the problem :dance . Idisassembled the fuel regulator on the fuel rail and the diaphram is torn.

Tomorrow I am in search of a diaphram kit (804533) I can purchase locally and install tomorrow night. If not I can have it shipped for Saturday delivery. The remainder of the weekend will be spent fishing if weather permits or hanging out on the boat at the marina with friends.

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend and be safe. Let's keep our armed forces in our heads while we spend the weekend with loved ones!!