Lake Ontario July 2020

Willy-C

Reaction score
This past week I got my chance again to chase the Lake-O-the-Giants........what an awesome trip this week.

Met up with a few friends to match wits with some of the most challenging fish to ever grace the inside of our fish box. Headed out west to Lake-Ontario on Sunday pulling my 19’ Mini-Grady Tourney all rigged and ready for a spoon/flasher/fly pulling contest for a few days with the mighty King of the sweetwater. For a bunch of flatlanders we pulled it off, not exactly a block buster banner trip but we got-r-dun in the few days we had to fish. Our tactics and experience level was a pretty low bar to clear but as the days wore on we were a well oiled machine in setups, trolling speeds and landing fish. Much more practice is needed so maybe the Easter Bunny or Santa will grant us the permission to sneak out one more time this summer :)p). An incredible trophy fishery that still amazes me.1C61DBC0-2B20-4AE9-AA3D-93307E053F46.jpeg

Willy-C

Reaction score
we ended up with one Steelhead Trout and five King Salmon (largest 20#), so not too bad for a few yahoos pretending to be fishermen....o_O

After 1045 miles of trailering, 120 miles OTW traveling, 19 hrs of kicker trolling.......I was beat and had to return to work to get some rest ;)

Hoping to return in late August when the Kings stage up before running
river in the fall.

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Great report and pics Willy-C. Looks like the 19 did well. Taking my 228 to Lake Erie in September for it's first trip. Been using my buddy's boat up there in the past.

Reactions: Willy-C

Willy-C

Reaction score
Great report and pics Willy-C. Looks like the 19 did well. Taking my 228 to Lake Erie in September for it's first trip. Been using my buddy's boat up there in the past.
Yes KYGrady it did well, helps to have a heavy boat, would’ve been nice with a few extra feet of length, depth and beam but it did good. Amongst the other boats it was smallest as we were 8 miles to the nearest shore for most of the time (13 mikes from the launch). A few times it got bumpy, would’ve been tossed around in a tin boat.

Reactions: Ky Grady

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Beautiful Willy!! One bad ass journey.

Those Steelhead are amazing~

Reactions: Willy-C