Leaking Fuel Filler Hose on 249 Fisherman

blynn

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum, though I have owned a couple of Gradys. My current one is a 1987 24' center console called a 249 Fisherman.

My fuel filler line is rotting right where it attaches to the deck fitting so fuel leaks into the boat as I fill the tank. The filler is forward on the starboard side (exposed, thank goodness) and is attached to the tank right under where the helmsman would stand. The alternatives I am considering include:

1. Trying to pull the old line out - preferably with a new one attached to it or some sort of messenger. Any thoughts about how to connect them or what to use as a messenger?

2. Cutting the rotted end of the hose off and installing an angled deck fill in the vertical bulkhead on the aft end of the starboard lazarette.

3. Running a new hose up inside the center console and installing a deck fill somewhere on the console - either on a horizontal surface or an angled fill on the side.

Options 2 and 3 are obviously alternatives to pulling out the console to get the whole floor up, and I'm sure there are reasons the Coast Guard would not be happy with them. Apologies for the lengthy post. Any advice would be much appreciated.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That's interesting, I must have lost my place.

Wasn't this subject three pages long?

No replies are shown?