LED experiences?

GREYLOCK

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about installing leds under the gunwales on my 240 offshore for some indirect lighting and i think that they look pretty cool.
Just wondering what brands and styles others have used, i see some on ebay for sale seem pretty reasonable prices lots of different styles.any pics on installs too.

devildogdad

Reaction score
go over to http://www.thehullthruth.com and look for coastallights or coastallighting....do a search there are tons of threads I have used their under water lights before with good results and intend to use their strips when the new Marlin arrives.

Sully4755

Reaction score
I bought the ones off EBay from CB Concepts and they work great. Got the 6 foot 6 inch in amber and put them under the gunwales. I wish I got the longer ones and put them all the way to the bulkhead. They come with more then enough mounting clips.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have bought underwater lights from Chris(coastal nights) and i will be ordering again under water lights and his spreader lights too, i was very happy with the quality on his underwater lights and i had bought his first ever butch he made. I still have one in my pond. As far as the under the gunnel lights he has i have no personal experience and i never bought them because i think they will have a problem down the line right where you connect one to the other if you want to make them longer than 12". The ones from xtremeled come in a roll where you can cut as much as you want and then solder your wires, i think is a much better connection for that purpose.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have bought underwater lights from Chris(coastal nights) and i will be ordering again under water lights and his spreader lights too, i was very happy with the quality on his underwater lights and i had bought his first ever butch he made. I still have one in my pond. As far as the under the gunnel lights he has i have no personal experience and i never bought them because i think they will have a problem down the line right where you connect one to the other if you want to make them longer than 12". The ones from xtremeled come in a roll where you can cut as much as you want and then solder your wires, i think is a much better connection for that purpose.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have rope LED's under the gunwales, the LED strips don't seem as shieled from the elements. Just be careful of the color you choose, i'd stay away from red or green so there's no confusion with other boaters.