LED replacement bulb for spreader lights?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I would like to switch to LED but I don't want to replace the light assemblies. Does anyone make a LED replacement bulb for the factory Grady White spreader lights?

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
http://www.marinebeam.com/

Check their site, but you will need to know the bulb style you have in now. A friend of mine replaced his, it is not as bright as a new light, you will likely drop in lumens a bit. He had one and it provided just enough light to work the cockpit but nothing more. Personally I'd buy from BOE and purchase Lunar LED spreader lights, they are like $80 a light new and 800 lumens, would be the best choice for switching to led's if replacing the stock ones. You will never get stock one's to seal back right, or atleast it is unlikely, most guys that I know that did it had water in the light within a year, best option is buy new rather then replace. Replacement bulbs would run about 25-30 each, your talking a $100 difference between new and replacement in total, to me not enough to warrant a loss in light amount and risk having the light burn out in a year or two.