Lee Jr. Outrigger Adaptor

Richard1572

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I currently have Lee Jr bases and original poles on my Grady 272 Sailfish. The poles are the originals from the late 90s and need replacement. (1) I don't want to spend a ton of money and (2) I'd like to get collapsible poles to make transport and storage a little easier. I've search the interwebs and haven't found an adapter or bushing to make collapsible poles (Lee or other brand) fit the Lee Jr bases. Has any found a workaround for this or am I stuck purchasing a set of the classic fixed poles from Lee?

Diad

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Check Geronimo tackle. I just purchased 20 footers but haven't rigged them yet. Spoke with him on the phone and he added the sleave that you need to the order form. I have fished with these on others boats and they are strong. Pulled wide trackers from the tips and they didn't break. Can't beat the price. I have no affiliation other than a customer. I hope that this helps

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I currently have Lee Jr bases and original poles on my Grady 272 Sailfish. The poles are the originals from the late 90s and need replacement. (1) I don't want to spend a ton of money and (2) I'd like to get collapsible poles to make transport and storage a little easier. I've search the interwebs and haven't found an adapter or bushing to make collapsible poles (Lee or other brand) fit the Lee Jr bases. Has any found a workaround for this or am I stuck purchasing a set of the classic fixed poles from Lee?
I spoke to a Lee's rep at a boat show recently asking for something similar. He said just measure the base inside diameter and email them and they can come up with an adapter (I would probably buy direct if going this route).